Saturday, June 26, 2010

Badass Stephen King Movies: Part Deux


Stephen King's more 'off the radar' excellent films:

1.) Children of the Corn- shit yea
2.)Secret Window-Johnny Depp living the dream
3.) Just to re-iterate, The Stand- made me have a crush on Gary Sinise. Don't ask...
4.) Salem's Lot-absolutely has one of the creepiest scenes ever. See link. No seriously, see the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC5HZzjjI9Y
Bonus points for the killer poster artwork and Fred Willard as a super-slut in short shorts
5.) It- i've never actually watched this, but it makes my list by default as the only stephen king story i was too scared to finish
6.) THINNER!!!!- i freakin' love this story, definitely need to revisit the movie
7.) The Mist- not stephen king's finest work, but the movie's ending is vastly improved from the way the book actually ends.
8.) Totally agree with Dreamcatcher btw- saw that flick at a 9th grade slumber party after everyone else had passed out and that part when the animals ran by, I looked around wide-eyed at my unconscious friends and was like, "for realz?!!?!?"

Trivia Note: Stephen King wrote/or inspired (ed note: this hasn't been fully researched) an episode of 'the twilight zone' in 1986 called 'gramma'

5 comments:

  1. I forgot about THINNER - it wasn't a great movie, but the story was so cool, it almost doesn't matter (see also: Pet Sematary),

    PS: I SO wish I hadn't watched that clip from Salem's Lot before bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, uh, also wish I hadn't read that thing about Gary Sinese before bedtime. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Secret Window? No.

    Salem's Lot - A classic from the age of truly frightening network television. Either of y'all seen Trilogy of Terror?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen Trilogy of Terror - I take it I should?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the last of Trilogy's three parts that you should see. The first two are pretty forgettable. The whole thing is a made-for-TV tour de force featuring Karen Black in all three parts (she was the stewardess who flew the plane to safety in Airport '75).

    1975 was Karen Black's year, I assume, because that's when Trilogy of Terror was released. I saw it the night it premiered. I was nine years old, and it scared me so bad I can still remember what night of the week it was (Tuesday) and what network it played on (ABC).

    ReplyDelete